That Group

April 19, 2012

Julius Caesar

Filed under: Uncategorized @ 1:57 pm and

Yesterday during class we recieved a study guide witha question htat really got me thinking: Who was the tragic hero in Julius Caesar? Until recently I didn’t believe¬†there was a tragic hero in the play Julius Caesar. I just found out that the tragic hero is indeed, Brutus.¬† However, unlike other tragic heroes Brutus only had one flaw that led to his death, jealousy. I don’t belive Caesar assassination was for the better. It was anger and jealousy that killed Caesar. The conspirators were so envious Caesar would be famous, rich and powerful they killed him. Brutus was somewhat hestitant to join in with the conspirators but eventually he gave in. The one flaw that killed Brutus was the jealousy for his friend Caesar. By no means however should we feel sorrow for Brutus he still murdered his friend in an attempt to usurp Caesar from his throne.

3 Comments »

1.   jaquelinejo — April 19, 2012 @ 9:53 pm    Reply

I have to say that I disagree with your opinion of Brutus’ fatal flaw. I belive it was his trust in others. He did not seem ambitious like Cassius and some of the others. He turned against Caesar because he believed it would be better for Rome, not himself.

2.   Jordan — April 20, 2012 @ 2:40 am    Reply

I think I agree with what you said about jealously. But I also think he did care about Rome, and feared that Caesar would become too powerful. Maybe it was just a two birds with one stone kind of thing.

3.   art777 — April 20, 2012 @ 6:21 am    Reply

I agree and disagree. He was jealous but it was better that julius was dead and gone

RSS feed for comments on this post.TrackBack URI